In my first preview, I mentioned that the scope of LitMatch is expanding to better represent the breadth and depth of the entire publishing industry. Keen-eyed readers of preview #2 may have noticed an inadvertent hint at that expanded scope in the teaser image of our new submission form.
So, when I talk about expanded scope, what do I mean, exactly?
The full answer is too much to cover in a single preview, but a good place to start is with our listings. The current site has just two kinds of listings: agents and agencies. The new site will expand on what's already there, with room for all of the following:
- Agents & Agencies - expanded to allow for screenplay agents (our most common user request!)
- Contests - Places to enter your work for recognition and prizes.
- Events - Conferences, seminars, classes and other events you can attend.
- Markets - Places to sell your work, including magazines, anthologies and webzines.
- Products - Information and reviews of books and writing-related products.
- Publishers - Companies that produce book-length products, including traditional and self-publishers.
- Resources - A writing resource that does not fit into any other data category, such as a website, a blog, or a writing magazine.
- Services - A service offered to writers by a third party, such as editing or marketing services, usually available at a cost.
That's all for now, but there's lots more to cover. Next week, I'll have more to say about listings and how they'll be maintained on the new site.